On this page:
The old town of Leoben is located in a bend of the river Mur. With its impressive town houses and many sights it offers a very special atmosphere. The town’s landmarks Schwammerlturm, Hacklhaus, St. Xaver parish church, MuseumsCenter, and Leoben University are all just a few steps away from each other.
Life is bustling in Leoben, and the centre of it all is the pedestrian precinct near the main square, where bars, restaurants, shops, markets and numerous events invite you to take a stroll.
Living in the centre of Leoben
The town centre of Leoben offers beautiful old buildings, and increasingly also converted attics and newly renovated flats. There are also several student homes close to the university. The town offers ideal living space for senior citizens in a quiet place by the river in the centre of town.
In the centre of town:
- All the infrastructure (medical doctors, pharmacies, shops, shopping centre, restaurants, …) within walking distance
- Montanuniversität Leoben and various research centres close by
- Kindergarten and nursery, school centre with primary and secondary school, higher secondary technical school
- Cultural highlights and various events
- Asia Spa, ice rink and four parks for sports and relaxation