On this page:
At home in Leoben-Leitendorf
Leoben-Leitendorf is close to the centre of town; this attractive suburb around Mareckkai is a much sought after residential area.
With the Mineroom student dorm and the Oberlandhalle building project, a new residential neighbourhood is currently developing here.
Until the 19th century, the district of Leitendorf was a sparsely populated farming area. It was not until the 1950s that larger housing estates and schools were built.
In Leoben-Leitendorf you find:
- All the infrastructure (medical doctors, shops, retail park, cinema, restaurants, …) within walking distance
- Kindergarten, primary school and grammar schools close by
- Public transport connecting Leitendorf with the centre of town
- The centre of town is within walking distance.
- Green space and recreation areas (running and cycling track along Mareckkai, Häuselberg, etc.)