Service Centre: LE Kompass
On this page:
“LE Kompass” is the service centre of Leoben Municipality for new citizens who have moved here from abroad or from other locations in Austria. We provide service and information free of charge.
Our services at a glance
We offer information and consulting on
- moving to Leoben (registration, authorities, etc.)
- living and working in Leoben
- services and provisions for families (schools, childcare, etc.)
- leisure time activities, clubs and community life
- refer you to the right office or authority in charge of your query
- offer orientation check lists for new citizens
- organise welcome parties and other networking events
Folder for download:LE Kompass: Folder EN (pdf, 2.17 MB)
For professionals and expatriates
We support national and international professionals in all matters related to moving to Leoben and refer them to the required points of contact.
- Registering your children for childcare and after-school programmes
- Information on schools and training facilities in the Leoben area and help with school enrolment
- Tips on finding accommodation in Leoben; information on current residential building projects in Leoben
- Information on construction procedures (building projects, conversions, …)
- Special parking permits for the centre of town; annual parking permits for the green parking zone
- Waste collection and charges
- Connection to water/gas/district heating
- Registering a dog; payment of dog license fee
- Confirmation of registration for EU citizens
- Transcription of driving license
- Internet, TV, telephone registration
- Support in the search for jobs of other family members
- Overview of interesting clubs and leisure time activities
- Tips on typical Austrian features and everyday rules
- Information on health care and medical doctors
- Information on local amenities
- German language courses (if number of interested participants is high enough)
- Welcome parties for people who are new to Leoben
- Meet-ups with people who are new to Leoben; information on leisure time activities in Leoben
LE Kompass helped my partner and me to start our life together in Leoben.
The true meaning of work-life-balance is learned once living here in Leoben. You can enjoy nature on weekends and could savor mouthwatering local cuisines.
I am grateful for the information from LE Kompass. The service is really very helpful!
All questions concerning to relocation in another country were solved by LE Kompass.
LE Kompass made it definitely easier to settle down in Leoben.
We support Leoben-based companies in finding skilled labour and professionals and offer the following services:
- Free welcome package in German and English containing a wealth of useful information about life in Leoben.
- If you wish, we will also accompany you to career fairs and recruiting events and present Leoben together with you to interested job-seekers.
- We offer you the possibility to present your company with a “job flash” or company profile on our social media channels.
We provide information to students of Leoben University (Montanuniversität) at the beginning of the university year on
- matters of registration
- grants for students of Montanuniversität
- student accommodation
- City walk for first-year students
- Individual consulting upon appointment
If you are planning to start your own business, Leoben will provide a wide range of services for company founders.
We help you find the right points of contact.
For people with migration background
- we offer initial advice and orientation
- we offer information on German classes
- we refer you to the right office or authority in charge of your query