On this page:
At home in Leoben-Göss
The district of Göss has a history rich in tradition that was shaped through many centuries by the Benedictine nuns of Göss Monastery. The impressive collegiate church and the former monastery still bear witness to these bygone times today.
As the site of the Göss Brewery, the district is also home to Gösser beer and a brewery museum. Leoben-Göss is the place of business of two other internationally successful companies: Mayr-Melnhof Holz and RHI Magnesita. The district is also the venue of the annual Gösser Kirtag fair.
Göss is a popular residential area with excellent infrastructure. It was long an agricultural area, and it was not until the 1960s that the first urban settlements were developed here.
Today it is a pleasant residential area with a mix of housing estates and detached houses.
In Leoben-Göss you find:
- All the infrastructure (medical doctors, pharmacy, shops, restaurants, …) within walking distance
- Kindergarten, nursery and primary school
- Public transport connections to the centre of town
- Green space and local recreation areas (Kaltenbrunn/Gößgraben, Windischberg, Schladnitzgraben, etc.)
- Good transport infrastructure; Leoben-West slip-road to Semmering-Schnellstraße