On this page:
You must notify the registration authority of your new place of residence within three days of moving into your new accommodation (taking possession of your new accommodation).
Registration is possible online, in person at City Hall or by mail.
At City Hall
- Registration is possible by the person registering him/herself, or
- by a third party presenting his/her official photo ID and the original documents of the person wishing to register.
- by submitting the original documents or certified copies of these documents.
Confirmation of registration
When you register your residence at City Hall you will receive a “confirmation of residence registration”, also referred to as “Meldezettel” in German.
Cinch bag as a gift
When you register your residence in Leoben for the first time, you will receive a useful Leoben cinch bag as a gift that contains helpful information on settling in and about life in the City of Leoben.
Office in charge
Leoben City Hall
Erzherzog Johann-Straße 2
show on city map
Mon & Thu: 08:00 – 16:00
Tue, Wed & Fri: 08:00 – 12:00
For passports: please make an appointment
Tue & Wed: 12:00 – 16:00
Thu: 07:00 – 8:00 & 16:00 – 18:00
Fri: 12:00 – 13:00
Documents you will need
Changing or cancelling a registration
Changes of registration include:
- … changes in the type of residence, e.g. changing a secondary to a principal place of residence
- When you register a new principal place of residence you can change the registration of your former place of residence to secondary residence.
- … changes in your personal data (citizenship, name, …) to be made on the registration form. If you wish to have your personal data changed, please submit the necessary documents that prove the change (e.g. marriage certificate, certificate of academic degree).
Cancelling a registration:
You will be automatically de-registered from your old principal place of residence when you register at the new principal residence.
Registration and any change of registrations are free of charge.