Lost and Found
On this page:
I’ve found something
If you find an object or cash with a value of EUR 10 or more, please take it to the Lost and Found (in German) office in Leoben City Hall.
It is up to you if you wish to give your name or stay anonymous when you return the found object. If you tell us your name, we will notify you as soon as the object has been collected.
I’ve lost something
If you lose something, please report your loss to the Lost and Found (in German) office of the City of Leoben. If a person finds the item and hands it in, you can reclaim it.
- Lost and Found online: You can report your loss to the online Lost and Found office and search for the lost object. Please also report your loss to the Lost and Found office in Leoben City Hall at phone +43 3842 4062-249
- Phone: The Lost and Found (in German) office in Leoben City Hall is available at phone +43 3842 4062-249
- Personally: If your lost item has been found and brought to the Lost and Found (in German) office in Leoben City Hall, you can collect it from there in person.
Proof of ownership
If your lost object has been found you will need to prove your ownership of the object. Proof of ownership could be an invoice document or – depending on the object – your official photo ID.
Reporting a loss
If you have lost transport tickets or some official documents, you will need to complete a notice of loss in order to have a new document (duplicate) issued. The notice of loss form is available from the Lost and Found (in German) office, Leoben City Hall.
- Costs of a report of loss: EUR 2.10.
- Additional fee for official documents: EUR 14.30(not applicable if you submit the notice of loss to a specific authority).