Kindergarten & Day Nursery Registration
On this page:
- There is one fixed date every year for registration for the municipal kindergartens and day nurseries. Any applications for registration received on this date will be given priority over registrations made after this date.
- The children registered are ranked according to age. If there are more registrations than places for a day nursery, the older children will be given priority.
- Early registration prior to this registration date is not possible.
The registration for the year 2021/ 2022 has taken place until 10 March 2021.
The general principle applies that for a child to be admitted to a Leoben kindergarten, the principal place of residence of this child must be Leoben. This means that priority will be given to applications from Leoben citizens.
- Children from outside Leoben will be admitted to kindergartens if there are free places.
- Nurseries have a waiting list for children from outside Leoben.
- Nursery: Children up to age of 3 can be registered.
- Kindergarten: Children from the age of 3 can be registered.
Documents you will need
Please bring the following documents with you for registration.
- Completed admission form for the desired form of care
- Birth certificate of the child you wish to register
- Vaccination certificate of the child
- Residence registration certificate (Meldezettel) of the child
- e-Card of the child
Municipal childcare facilities
For opening hours and locations of the municipal kindergartens and nurseries please see our service page:
Maximum fees/month for municipal kindergartens & day nurseries:
|Morning (until 13:00)||Full- time (until 15:00)||Extended full- time (Until 17:00)||Due date|
|Nursery||EUR 201,14||–||EUR 276,85||10 times/year|
|Kindergarten for children aged 3 and 4||EUR 142,29||EUR 189,72||EUR 237,15||10 times/year|
|Kindergarten for children aged 5 *||free (mandatory kindergarten year)||EUR 47,43||EUR 94,86||10 times/year|
|Meal contribution per serving||–||EUR 2,75||EUR 2,75||invoiced based on exact number of servings|
|All prices incl. VAT|
as at 2020/2021;
* in the last year before the start of compulsory education
Adjustment to income group:
Discounts are granted on the costs of childcare depending on the parents’ income and number of children.
Forms & further information
In German:Kindergarten: Aufnahmeformular (pdf, 0.38 MB) Kinderkrippe Halbtag: Aufnahmeformular (pdf, 0.57 MB) Kinderkrippe Ganztag: Aufnahmeformular (pdf, 0.57 MB)