Kindergarten & Day Nursery Registration
On this page:
- There is one fixed date every year for registration for the municipal kindergartens and day nurseries. Any applications for registration received on this date will be given priority over registrations made after this date.
- The children registered are ranked according to age. If there are more registrations than places for a day nursery, the older children will be given priority.
- Early registration prior to this registration date is not possible.
Registration for childcare at the municipal kindergartens and nurseries for the year 2023/2024 takes place between 27 February and 31 March 2023.
The general principle applies that for a child to be admitted to a Leoben kindergarten, the principal place of residence of this child must be Leoben. This means that priority will be given to applications from Leoben citizens.
- Children from outside Leoben will be admitted to kindergartens if there are free places.
- Nurseries have a waiting list for children from outside Leoben.
- Nursery: Children up to the age of 3 can be registered.
- Age extended groups: Children from the age of 18 months can be registered.
- Kindergarten: Children from the age of 3 can be registered.
Documents you will need
For the registration you need the following documents:
- Completed admission form for the desired form of care and, if applicable, applications for reductions. The forms are available here.
- Residence registration certificate (Meldezettel) of the child
Municipal childcare facilities
For opening hours and locations of the municipal kindergartens and nurseries please see our service page:
Costs & reduced fees
Maximum fees/month for municipal kindergartens & day nurseries:
|Morning (until 13:00)||Full- time (until 15:00)||Extended full- time (Until 17:00)||Due date|
|Nursery||EUR 229.39||–||EUR 315.27||10 times/year|
|Kindergarten for children aged 3 and 4||EUR 146.43||EUR 195.24||EUR 244.05||10 times/year|
|Kindergarten for children aged 5 *||free (mandatory kindergarten year)||EUR 48.81||EUR 97.62||10 times/year|
|Meal contribution per serving||–||EUR 3.19||EUR 3.19||invoiced based on exact number of servings|
|All prices incl. VAT|
as at 2022/2023;
* in the last year before the start of compulsory education
Adjustment to income group:
Discounts are granted on the costs of childcare depending on the parents’ income and number of children.
Please visit our service page for detailed information: