Emergency Services & On-call Duties
On this page:
Fire brigade: 122
Emergency ambulance: 144
Mountain rescue: 140
Emergency contact for individuals with hearing impairment:
Medical advice by phone (not for emergencies): 1450
Medical practices on duty: Which medical practice is on duty today?
Pastoral advice & crisis assistance
Rat auf Draht (phone assistance for children and adolescents):
147 (00:00 to 24:00)
Pastoral advice service:
142 (00:00 to 24:00)
Helpline for women affected by violence:
+43 800 222 555 (00:00 to 24:00)
Civil protection & alarm signals
In the event of an emergency, an emergency siren will warn you of approaching danger. For further information, contact the Styrian National Warning Centre at +43 316 877 44 44.
Note the following different alarm signals:
- Warning: 3 minutes steady continuous tone – approaching danger! Turn on your radio or television (ORF) or consult orf.at. Follow the instructions provided.
- Alarm:1 minute ascending and descending wail – danger! Look for protective areas or rooms and follow the instructions announced on the radio, television or online (ORF).
- All-clear: 1 minute steady continuous tone – end of danger.
More on this subject:
Municipal on-call duties
Gas, electricity, water and community heating:
- +43 3842 230 24(during office hours)
- +43 3842 230 24-999(evenings, weekends, public holidays)
- 128(general gas emergency call)
Funeral arrangements through the Leoben Public Utilities (“Stadtwerke”):
+43 3842 823 80 (00:00 to 24:00)