On this page:
Train service from Leoben
Leoben is served by two S-Bahn trains: the S8 and S9.
The S8 runs from Unzmarkt to Bruck an der Mur (former R600), S9 runs from Bruck an der Mur to Mürzzuschlag (former R500).
Railway line S8 and S9 in the Leoben section:
- Every 30 minutes during the day in the Leoben – Bruck/Mur – Kapfenberg area (08:00 to 20:00, Monday to Friday)
- Short stop in Bruck/Mur, no change of trains, optimum connections to Graz (S1)
- Extended trains in early morning service
Train services: Map of the S-Bahn and Regiobahn Styria train services
Tickets & pre-sale
Valid Verbundlinie transport network tickets and ÖBB tickets can be used for the S-Bahn railway service.
Transport network ticket:
- The S-Bahn trains can be used with a Verbundlinie transport network ticket (S8 includes eight zones, S9 includes a total of four zones).
- How to buy the ticket: Website of Verbundlinie transport association
- The S-Bahn trains can also be used with a valid ÖBB ticket.
- Tickets are available in the ÖBB online shop, from ticket vending machines or ticket offices at railway stations.