Primary School Registration
On this page:
- There is one fixed date every year for registration for the municipal primary schools in Leoben.
- Registration during the course of a school year: Late registration for primary school is also possible if your family moves to Leoben after the registration deadline. Please contact the Education department (in German) of the City of Leoben at +43 3842 4062-220 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The registration for the school year 2021/ 2022 has taken place at the beginning of February 2021.
- For further information, please contact the Education department (in German) of the City of Leoben.
Leoben’s school districts were determined by means of a resolution of the Municipal Council, defining the catchment area of each primary school. The school district arrangement must be observed.
Applications for a change of the defined school district are permissible. The City of Leoben will send the required forms to the legal guardians by post.
- Please provide the reason for the application.
- The application must be submitted at the time of registration or sent to the Education Department (in German) of Leoben Municipality by 12 February 2021.
- We cannot accept applications that were not submitted on time.
Municipal school facilities
Please visit our service page for information on the locations and services offered by the municipal primary schools:
Documents you will need
Registration cannot be completed without the submission of the documents specified on this page.
1. Completed forms
Prior to school registration, Leoben Municipality will send several forms to the legal guardians by post. You will need to submit the following completed forms when registering your child for school:
- admission form
- declaration of consent to GDPR
- parents’ questionnaire
- potassium iodide statement
- if desired: form for a change of school district
- if desired: registration for all-day school, subject to a charge
2. Documents of the child you wish to register
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of citizenship
- Residence registration certificate (Meldezettel)
- if available: certificate of religious confession (e.g., baptism certificate)
- if available: medical findings and notifications (copy)