Grant for Students of Montanuniversität
On this page:
Students of Montanuniversität Leoben receive a grant when they register their principal place of residence for the first time in Leoben or maintain their principal place of residence there.
There is no legal entitlement to this grant.
For the conditions of this grant, please refer to the respective guidelines Förderrichtlinien für Studierende der Montanuniversität (in German).
Amount of grant:
The financial support is provided exclusively in the form of LE vouchers
- upon first registration or maintaining the principal place of residence in Leoben. First year: EUR 250 in the form of LE vouchers
- For every further academic year with principal place of residence in Leoben: EUR 100 in the form of LE vouchers
Office in charge
Citizen Services Centre
Leoben City Hall
Erzherzog Johann-Straße 2
show on city map
Mon & Thu: 08:00 – 16:00
Tue, Wed & Fri: 08:00 – 12:00
For passports: please make an appointment
Tue & Wed: 12:00 – 16:00
Thu: 07:00 – 8:00 & 16:00 – 18:00
Fri: 12:00 – 13:00
How to apply
- Submit the signed application form and the necessary documents via online form, in person, by mail or as a scan by e-mail to the office in charge.
- When the application has been approved, the Students’ Union (ÖH) will distribute the LE vouchers to the students.
- Missed the ÖH payment date? You can collect the vouchers from the accounting office of Leoben Municipality, +43 3842 4062-212, until 28 February of the following year. After this date, the vouchers will lapse.
Please note the deadlines:
- Application:1 September until 31 October
- The reference date for the grant in the first year is 31 October. In the following years, the student must continue to have his/her principal place of residence in Leoben and be enrolled at the University of Leoben. The reference date here is 1 November of each year
Documents you will need
- Completed grant application
- Current confirmation of enrolment from Montanuniversität Leoben
The application will only be processed and approved if documentation is complete.
Forms & guidelines
Our recommendation: Use the online form. In order to complete digital processing, you will need an electronic signature (e.g., Handy-Signatur).
In German:Förderung für Montanuni-Studierende: Ansuchen (Online) Förderung für Montanuni-Studierende: Ansuchen (pdf, 0.11 MB) Förderung für Montanuni-Studierende: Richtlinien (pdf, 0.09 MB)