Public Buses & Bus on Demand
1. Regional Public Buses
Passengers can choose between different bus lines within the municipal area of Leoben and to as far as Trofaiach. Travel in the Leoben / Trofaiach area takes place in one fare zone, zone 102.
Urban transport routes in Leoben:
- Leoben city centre – Donawitz (Stadtwerke Leoben)
- Leoben city centre – Göss (Stadtwerke Leoben)
- Leoben city centre – Lerchenfeld (Stadtwerke Leoben)
- Leoben city centre – Hinterberg – Göss (Stadtwerke Leoben)
- Göss – Donawitz (Stadtwerke Leoben)
- Göss – Schladnitzgraben (Stadtwerke Leoben)
- Leoben – Proleb/Niklasdorf (MVG)
- Leoben – St. Peter Freienstein – Trofaiach – Gimplach (MVG)
- Bus on Demand Leoben (Stadtwerke Leoben)
Here you can find the specific public bus schedules for the municipal area of Leoben (in German).
2. Bus on demand
The bus on demand (“Rufbus”) is a special service of the city of Leoben.
- It travels to bus stops which are not serviced by public buses.
- It is operated Monday to Friday (on workdays): 08:00 – 18:00.
How to use the bus on demand:
- The toll-free number for the bus on demand is +43 800 300 111.
- Please book the bus on demand at least 30 minutes before the desired departure time.
- You can buy your ticket directly in the bus for the transport association price (“Verbundtarif”). The ticket is valid for the zone purchased, including for other means of transportation of the Styrian transport association.
- Judendorfer Straße
- Südtiroler Gasse
From these stops, the bus on demand also travels to the city centre (LCS shopping centre) and to the main railway station. You can transfer from there to other bus lines.
Map of the bus on demand stops: