1. Teaching and Study
The Leoben University for Mining, Metallurgy, and Materials is one of the most renowned and prestigious universities in Austria, with a unique focus. With just under 4,000 students, it is the smallest technical university in the country and offers an excellent staff-student ratio, a close linkage with the economy and the very best career opportunities.
Range of courses:
- 11 undergraduate studies and 17 graduate studies along the value creation chain: From the raw materials to the basic materials to the finished component and, at the end of the cycle, to recycling and disposal.
- 14 university majors for postgraduate studies
- Various top positions in international rankings
- “Best University in Austria”: This title was awarded by the magazine “Format” to the University of Leoben in 2014 for the sixth time in a row.
- “Top University 2014 – Employability & Career Opportunities”: Result of the “Universum Student Survey 2014”
The international orientation and networking are part and parcel of the recipe for success of the University of Leoben.
- About 80 nations are represented among the students at the University of Leoben
- 16 percent of the students come from abroad
- Internationally respected guest professors
More on this subject:
The research profile of the University of Leoben, which has a unique position in Central Europe, extends across the entire value creation chain. The new focus on energy technology amplifies the traditional areas of research.
The University of Leoben is networked in a unique way all across Austria with partners from the business world as well as science and scholarship. This includes:
- MCL: Materials Center Leoben
- PCCL: Polymer Competence Center Leoben
- Erich Schmid Institut: Kooperation mit der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften
- TTZ: Technologie Transfer Zentrum (in German)
- CD-Labors: Christian Doppler Labors
- ZAT: Zentrum für Angewandte Technologie (in German)
- ÖGI: Österreichisches Gießerei-Institut (in German)
- MFI: Montanuniversität Leoben Forschungs- und Infrastruktur GmbH
3. Anniversary and History
In 2015, the University of Leoben has been celebrating its grand jubilee. For 175 years now, engineers have been trained here in a unique way.