Emergency Services & On-call Duties
1. Emergency Numbers
Here you find an overview of the locations of defibrillators in Leoben (in German).
2. Psychological Support and Crisis Assistance
Rat auf Draht (phone help for children and youth):
147 (0:00 to 24:00)
Pastoral advice service:
142 (0:00 to 24:00)
Women’s helpline in case of violence:
+43 800 222 555 (0:00 to 24:00)
Emergency call women’s shelter in Kapfenberg and Graz:
+43 316 429 900 (0:00 to 24:00)
Men’s emergency call:
+43 800 246 247 (0:00 to 24:00)
3. Civil Protection and Alarm Signals
In the event of an emergency, you will be warned via emergency siren of approaching danger. For further information, contact the Styrian National Warning Centre at +43 316 877 44 44.
Be aware of the following different alarm signals:
- Warning: 3 minutes steady continuous tone – approaching danger! In case of emergency, turn on radio or television (ORF) or inform yourself on the internet (orf.at). Follow the instructions provided.
- Alarm:1 minute ascending and descending wail – danger! In case of emergency, look for protective areas or rooms, and follow the instructions announced over radio, television or internet (ORF).
- All-clear! 1 minute steady continuous tone – end of danger!